Claim: Walmart has recalled holiday rawhide bones for dogs because they are laced with formaldehyde and have already killed at least one dog.
I’ve been reading that Rawhide Candy Canes and bones from Wal-Mart are toxic to dogs. One article said they have Styrofoam in it another said it’s laced with formaldehyde.
Are these claims true??
Origin:In late December 2016, a screenshot (reproduced above) began circulating on Facebook, urging dog owners not to give Walmart holiday rawhide chews to their pets. The warning circulated in screenshot form and appeared to originate with a local buy and sell Facebook group for Salem, Oregon.
The misspelled post read as follows:
We got are dogs these giant rawhides for exmas and are babies have been sick since Christmas Day we took them to the Vet this morning(thank you abiqua veteran clinic) we love the vet there btw. She says the rawhide is laced with framaldihide so I called wallmart were the 6th call today. And the manager said he had a bunch yesterday that they pulled the product and to come in and fill out paper work for insurance claim. One furry baby he said died yesterday from them……DON’T GIVE THE WALLMART RAWHIDE TO YOUR FUR BABIES…..
According to the unnamed Facebook poster, their household’s two dogs received holiday…