News

Veterinarian gives stern warning after dog dies from saltwater poisoning

WFLA – Chris Taylor never thought something like this would happen. How could it?

Losing his best buddy didn’t even seem possible. The two had been inseparable for seven years – side by side. The 29-year-old University of South Florida student met his four-legged family member when the little guy was just three-months-old. He remembers the puppy’s wide, curious, loving eyes and floppy ears that bounced in the wind when he ran.

The black Labrador Retriever, nicknamed O.G., loved one thing more than anything else – the water.

“He always wanted to be doing what I was doing,” Chris told WFLA. “He’s my family. he’s just so goofy and just always excited to see me when I came through the door.”

As Chris studied at USF to become a high school teacher, O.G. was always right there, waiting patiently for dad to put away the books, so they could get to the beach – which is exactly what the two did on Monday. They soaked up the sun and played for hours in the water at Honeymoon Island dog beach.

Then, that night, the problems began.

The lab began having stomach issues with diarrhea and vomiting. On Tuesday, O.G. was eating and drinking a bit, but lethargic. Chris kept a close eye on him, even boiling chicken and rice for him…


About the author

Jessica Goldberg

Jessica Goldberg

Editor for @DogCoutureCNTRY | Love my outdoors yoga | Family, friends and of course puppies dogs. Go figure! social media geek at heart community manager. Follow @JessicaGoldb

Around the Web

Follow Me

Free Email Updates
Get the latest content first.
We respect your privacy.
SUBSCRIBE TO OUR DOG NEWLETTER

Get the latest doggie content first!

Dog Couture Country is powered by the ContentQube Network, a oneQube.com technology.

We respect your privacy. By subscribing you agree to our Privacy Policy. Please add connect@oneqube.com to ensure inbox delivery!